Hi and welcome! I am a girl who loves God and wants to share her life as an Apostolic (aka Pentecostal) Christian!
~Why I decided to make this blog:
When I first starting going to my Apostolic church, I would spent hours, (literally!), googling about this denomination. I was yearning for more information because I knew and felt in my heart that this was something special. I was quickly shocked at the google results I got! The majority of the websites were defaming Pentecostalism and calling it a cult. What some sites were saying were just horrible and untrue. It broke my heart to read those things and it always sat in the back of my mind. Now that I am more secure in my beliefs and strongly rooted in God, I knew I had to try to make a difference for other questioning souls searching for truth. I was surfing the internet one night when it suddenly hit me: start a blog with your prayer journal! Not only will you get to express your deepest thoughts to God, but maybe it will be a visible testimony to anyone else searching the web someday looking for the real story behind this interesting and, from an outsider’s perspective, crazy religion. Thus, PassionatePentecostal was made. ❤
~What I believe:
- I am a “Oneness Pentecostal” in that I believe there is only ONE God who is the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. I am NOT Trinitarian. (I know this to be true for many reasons, and if you want more detail ask in a comment and I will make an entire blog post out of it. Maybe I will make one in the future anyway on each one of these topics.)
- The Bible is the word of God and there is no salvation outside of its pages.
- To be saved you must repent of your sins, be baptized in water in the name of Jesus Christ, and receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost evidenced through speaking in tongues. (Acts 2:38)
- Yes, I am a “jean skirt girl!” I practice holiness standards. (Deuteronomy 22:5) (I only wear skirts when in public or around males, I do not wear makeup, jewelry, or immodest clothing. I do not drink, smoke, or otherwise harm my body. I do not go to dances, wear colorful nail polishes, go to the movies, or speak foul language. Trust me, even though it sounds like a lot of “rules” (even though these are not needed for salvation and is based on personal conviction), I love upholding holiness!)
- I believe in laying on of hands for divine healing. (James 5:14-16)
- I believe that Jesus will return at any day in the resurrection to take His church. I want to be ready for that!
~Brief info about me:
I have an amazing Pastor and church family.
One of my favorite Psalms is Psalm 84.
I converted to Pentecostalism after my freshman year of college and I am now a senior.
When I am home from school I help teach my church’s Sunday School for ages 4 years old to 4th grade, and I love them so much!
My favorite color is pink and I am addicted to reading!
~Please leave comments or questions and I will try to get back to you!
Have a blessed day! ❤